Dec. 17 City Council approves actions for Aldi, Kroger and snow cone stands
In their Dec. 17, 2013 meeting, the Forney City Council met and:
- Approved a final plat for the Ridgecrest Center Addition, Lots 1 - 6, Block A, located at the southwest corner of F.M. 548 and Ridgecrest Rd.
- Approved a site plan for Aldi Food Store, located at the southwest corner of F.M. 548 and Ridgecrest Rd. .
- Approved a residential subdivision final plat for Eagle Ridge, Phase 2A. The property is generally located west of F.M. 548 and south of Ridgecrest Road within the Hamblen Estates Planned Development District .
- Approved a request for a site plan amendment to Planned Development No. 1090, Mustang Crossing, by amending the planned development to allow for the façade renovation of properties adjacent to Old F.M. 548. The property is generally located north of U.S. Highway 80 and west of F.M. 548 .
- Approved partial acceptance of the public improvements for the Kroger Marketplace.
- Held a public hearing and approved a request for an amendment to Planned Development No. 1090, Mustang Crossing, by amending the planned development text concerning monument signs and tenant exterior signage for properties adjacent to Old F.M. 548.
The property is generally located north of U.S. Highway 80 and west of F.M. 548.
This allows the developers to proceed with a $500,000 renovation by allowing signs on the rear of the buildings, and have monument signs in front.
- Held a public hearing and approved a request for a replat of part of lot 5, 6 and 7 of the Dewey Investment Company Addition, creating lot 5A and 6A of the Dewey Investment Company Addition in the Jon Gregg Survey, Abstract No. 171, City of Forney, Kaufman County, Texas, .
This is for consolidating the properties at 211, 213 and 215 Bois D' Arc
- Held a public hearing and approved an amendment to the City of Forney Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance by amending snow cone regulations by amending section 47.8 “Snow Cone Stands” and by amending Section 37.2 “Use Charts” to allow for the use of a snow cone stand with approval of a conditional use permit .
- Approved the award of the bid to Eagle Landscape, in the amount of $140,002.50, for the construction of Ridgecrest Rd. Median Landscape Project Phase 1, and authorize the City Manager to sign the contract and take any action necessary.
- Approved an agreement with Kaufman County Senior Citizen Services for the Layden Senior Citizen Center .